GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FILIPINO SALSA
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup chopped green onions
1 to 2 teaspoon fish sauce
Olive oil spray
3 to 4 small Japanese eggplants cut lengthwise into ¼ inch
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, and green onions to the
skillet. Cook until slightly soft.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of fish sauce; set aside
- Prepare the charcoal grill; spray the rack with olive
- Grill the eggplant on both sides until soft, about 3
- Remove from heat; sprinkle both sides with remaining
- Serve hot as a vegetable side dish or at room
temperature as an appetizer.