Banana Cinnamon Doughnuts
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Pastry
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
3 cups peanut oil -- for frying
4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup bananas -- mashed
2 large eggs -- beaten
---- Topping: -----
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or deep heavy skillet. Time heating so it will be ready
when you are prepared to begin frying doughnuts. Use Canola oil if you prefer, but peanut
oil has a higher smoking point and is a good choice for frying.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut
in margarine using a pastry blender or two knives.
3. Make a well in center of mix and add mashed bananas and eggs. Mix well. You can do this
with a wooden spoon, or since dough will be very stiff you may want to use your hands to
mix it well.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch thick. Cut with a 2-1/2
inch doughnut cutter that you dip in flour as needed.
5. Deep-fry, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on brown paper bags. Fry the
doughnut "holes" also.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a paper bag or place on a shallow plate. Coat warm
doughnuts with this mixture.
Yield: about 22 doughnuts and 22 centers.